Faculty & Staff Services
The Center for Business Communication (CBC) also offers communication consulting to faculty, staff, and instructors at the Darla Moore School of Business. Some of the projects on which we have provided assistance include:
Due to staffing restrictions, we are not able to offer in-house copy editing services, but we will be happy to provide referrals to local editors who can take care of your proofreading and copy editing needs.
- Journal articles
- Conference presentations, with or without PowerPoint
- Tenure and promotion files
- Administrative proposals and reports
- Employee manuals and policy guides
- Journal editing and the hiring of editorial assistants
In addition to communication consulting, the CBC provides pedagogical support to faculty, lecturers, instructors, and graduate teaching assistants who wish to include communication elements in their course assignments, or who have students with special needs relating to communication. We can help faculty and staff members:
- Design writing and oral presentation assignments
- Design group projects that involve writing, speaking, and visual communication
- Prepare handouts to assist students in fulfilling their assignments
- Develop criteria for assessing student performance on communication assignments
- Create strategies for efficiently grading communication-intensive assignments
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and please tell us about the project you're working on and what times are best for you to meet.
You can also give us a call at 803.777.5904.